1. Check your rough opening size
A. Width = door size x 2 + 1” Example: 3/0=36” x 2 = 72" + 1" = 73” RO
B. Height for 150 I-Beam Series = Door height plus 5-1/2"
C. Height for SD150, HD325 & XHD500 Box Beam Series = Door height plus 5-1/2"
D.Height for HD/80 & FD/80 Series = Door height plus 5-1/4"
If your rough opening is framed correctly you are ready to proceed. Identify your wall width. 3-½ and 5-½ are standard width. Other wall widths can easily be accommodated but will need minor modification to the head piece or a custom placed order.
2. Remove the head piece from the packaging. It will be a 2x4 or 2x6 or custom width depending upon your application. It will have the track and a track cover already assembled along with the top mounting brackets for the steel posts. The floor mounting brackets and t-guide are indicated and are temporarily secured.
3. Remove the steel posts and the (floor mounting bracket) see next step, and assemble them by snapping them securely into each other. One set for each side of the wall to be used in step 5.
4. Lay the header on the floor and remove the track covers (2) and the (floor mounting brackets) along with the t-guide. Take the header and place it in the rough opening. Use clamps to temporarily secure it to the rough framing header.
5. Now take 2 posts attached to the same floor mounting bracket and place the opposite end into the top mounting bracket and slide the posts into place. Now repeat with the remaining posts for the other side of the pocket. Line up the brackets with bottom of your opening directly below the header. Now place shims between the rough header and the LVL header forcing it tight to the posts. Push the LVL header tight to the trimmer at the opening side. VERY IMPORTANT Place shims at strategic locations until the track is perfectly straight and level then securely fasten the LVL header to the rough frame header with nails or screws.
6. Very Important!! With a long level, plumb the steel posts and securely fasten them to the subfloor. Make sure that you are in line with each side of the rough opening. Now replace the track cover pieces and trim your shims flush with the wall. If you are using T floor guide, follow the supplied instructions and install now.
7. You are now finished with the heavy duty steel pocket frame installation. Place the bag of hardware in a secure location until you are ready to install the door.